Monday, June 7, 2010

accent

My task this week before we move in completely to our new apartment is to repaint this accent wall.

It is hard to tell in the picture but the trim is burgundy and the wall is red. Clashes horribly.

This is our new dining area, yes, we will have an entire area for dining, exciting isn't it! This space is connected to the living room, adjacent to the kitchen on the right and a window on the left.

I've never painted an accent wall before, but there's only one way to start I guess.

I picked up some color samples today and I am going to pick the color tomorrow. I'm leaning towards a light brown with some reddish/burgundy hues.

I am going to start with the primer tomorrow. This is quite a project for me. I'm excited.

We're gonna start with a clean slate in this place, our new unit is an empty canvas; ours to decorate and fill. May our creativity bring life and rest to those who enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment