Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One year


Wedded Bliss? Sometimes :-)

I love being married to this man. He is so smart, thoughtful, kind, insightful, gentlemanly, fun! I love that I can trust him completely. I can trust him to make decisions when I can't make them....Though he is an engineer and me a therapist, we really do think similarly at times. When I make mistakes he has grace for me.

There have been the hard parts of this year too: learning to live in that small apartment in Capitol Hill together, figuring out how to reconcile the fact that he was ALWAYS studying somedays, figuring out how to handle this apartment managing job TOGETHER, starting to save for a house, staying in my job at Fairfax so we would have benefits and steady income, ending with my therapist of 4 years.......etc.

Most of the hard parts I can see the good in too. It's not always wedded bliss, but in those days when it doesn't feel like it, at least I have my man by my side. I know he loves me and won't leave me. When it gets really hard, when I am crying, I know he will be there to hold me.

I'd say all in all, this year has been wonderful. Looking forward to many many many more years to come and still learning how to love him more.
I love you Joshua Dean Jones :-)

And for the record, though it is a fun tradition, the wedding cake, 1 year frozen and post freezer burn, doesn't taste as good as your wedding day.

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well for you both girlie, happy 1 year!
    Our cake (inside its three alternating layers of foil and plastic wrap and air tight Tupperware container thanks to my father's doing) was almost as good as the first time... except the frosting which was awful, but we thought it was fun to have something from that day too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year anniversary to both of you! I'm glad you had a good first year. I wish you many more happy years together.

    There will always be transitions and challenging times, but the good thing about those times is that you both grow through it and grow closer together. Cherish the good times and make time for each other to keep the romance alive. That was the biggest challenge our first year.

    On a side note, our cake was wrapped in plastic wrap several times and was good but not as good as the first time. It's a fun tradition to do and remember your beautiful wedding day!

    ReplyDelete