Friday, June 4, 2010

overwhelmed?


You know I am feeling just a bit overwhelmed when.....

I go to the grocery store for my biweekly trip and willingly buy mostly processed food, hamburger helper, and just some fruits and vegetables. The cashier picked up my small jar of garlic from the conveyer belt and said "is this yours?"

Based on my grocery cart today, I guess I don't seem like the kind of gal that cooks with garlic.

Why am I a feeling overwhelmed you may ask? Well, our move has to be done in just over a week and a half! I work 16 hours tomorrow, Josh will be studying all weekend. We have barely begun to start packing our apartment because we don't have room for the boxes unless they are broken down. We need to start moving stuff ASAP.

I stopped by our new building today only to find that 1) the unit I was supposed to clean today is still full of random doorhandles, screws, and other trash from the contractors and handymen, also 2) the unit we are supposed to move into has a LOT of work to be done to it before the painter comes next week. There are a lot of random holes in the walls and hooks that need to be filled in and I will have no idea until at least Monday if Josh and I will be responsible for finishing preparation for the painter. Boo. There are other minor (ahem, MAJOR) issues too that Josh is trying to get me to forget about for now, but I would like to deal with them sooner than later.

I wasn't able to finish cleaning the unit I was scheduled to get done today (this will be put off until sometime next week I suppose). Our unit needs an accent wall painted (it is bright red!), holes filled in, lights changed out, the built in dressers in the master bedroom closet need to be taken out, dowels need to be put in.....etc. etc. Much of this above list I cannot do and Josh will have to take care of after he is done with his finals Wednesday. I need to figure out how to operate the old, barely functioning drapes in our unit or these need to be taken out and replaced with blinds as well.

And, all of our stuff in our current apartment needs to be moved across town to our new apartment. Locks need to be changed out in our new unit and the maintenance closet before any of our stuff can be moved. Our old apartment needs cleaning after all that is done.

Whew. I bought a bunch of junk food and processed food today at Safeway because 1) I don't think I am going to have time or energy to cook in the next week, 2) neither will Josh and he needs brain food for studying this weekend. If I don't buy it or cook better options for him at home then he just goes and buys it himself 3) I think I personally just needed to give myself some space in this area, nutrition. It's just a week or so. I will probably be tired of this stuff when it runs out.

Self care, right?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could help!! I'm totally in the same boat. :-( We went out and bought pizza tonight. Our fridge is slowly emptying, which is good because then we have less to throw away when we move, but bad because then we really have nothing to eat ... Take care of yourself, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete