Saturday, July 30, 2011

Deepening love


Josh and I had so much fun this Thursday night at our photo shoot. It reminded us of our wedding photography, and I felt like it made up for the fact that we never got professional engagement shots done. We were so stressed out about how to pay for the wedding then, it didn't seem like a good idea.

Thinking about this however, made me wonder, if we had gotten engagement shots done and then compared them to these...how would they compare? I wonder if you could see a different depth in our love in these shots. I wonder if you would see it (if you looked closely) in our eyes....our admiration and respect for one another. It has deepened in the last 2 years. Josh and I have been married two years June 27, it was a beautiful day.....

The picture to the left is one of my favorites. I love the water and the sailboats in the distance, the delight in our eyes....We were at Magnolia Park on the Southern side of Magnolia. It's a gem of a place.

It's been a rough 2 years honestly. Josh's studying, my frustrations with my career. I think it's making our love stronger, God, I hope you don't waste this pain. I know from how you have guided me in the past...you won't and sometimes I just have to wait patiently to see how you will use it. I'm beginning to see glimpses now.

I wonder when the next time will be that we have professional photos done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that it is when Baby Jones #1 arrives. Nope, I'm not pregnant. But maybe, hopefully, God willing in the next 2 years. Okay, you guessed it, I cannot wait to see what the next 2 years of our marriage bring. I'm sure it will be full of new adventures, and a deepening love.

Honestly I've read stories of others deepening love in their marriage with time, but it's something that is hard to understand until you experience it. Such a beautiful love flourishing.

This post would not be complete without a shout out for our photographer, Charis. She went to Mars Hill Graduate school (as I did) and I know she is a better photographer because of it. Seriously, I think she called forth the best of Josh and I for this short session and did a little rekindling of our romance. Check out her blog in my "Blogs I read"section. Then, find a reason to hire her. It's a photography and therapy session in one. Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! You guys look lovely and....burly? ;). I guess that's better than the standard handsome for Josh.

    ReplyDelete