Tuesday, May 25, 2010

comfort


My wonderful husband reminded me today amidst my fear, of my strength.

He reminded me of that a vigilance is sometimes necessary to choose comfort over violence.

Today I chose comfort. I am learning to be grateful for my tears as they lead me into more meaningful grieving. My tears remind me that I need a Kleenex (comfort), I need a Kleenex to hold my tears. I need comfort to help me resist my old patterns of violence and self-doubt. It is okay to need comfort.

Oh Lord, my sorrow, fear, and disorientation from today is precious. May these usher me into a season of even more healing and joy.


Thank you God for beauty and for my ability to seek it.

Thank you God for the tender, rhythmic crashing of the waves on this Edmonds beach. The smooth water and blue sky which I can look across for miles.

Thank you God for the hands of the woman who massaged my feet and painted my toenails. What difficult and hard things these feet carry me through; they deserve care.

Thank you for good friends, the Taki Tiki Bar, and good beer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment