Wednesday, May 12, 2010

la la lasagna

I do not plan to make this blog all about cooking, but making lasagna for my husband and myself was on the to-do list today. This dish is an old favorite of mine (and ours :-) I love all the leftovers one pan of it makes.

And...I enjoyed myself too. It is a BEAUTIFUL day in Seattle today. I opened the windows in our apartment, and with the sunlight streaming in, I began to cook. This may be the last time I make lasagna in our small kitchen.

If you remember, my last lasagna pan broke. It was very unfortunate, this pan matched our other dishes and was a perfect size. I did buy a new one and this cooking today christens it. The new one is white, and much to my delight, actually is a more perfect size than the last one I had. I like to make large lasagnas when I make it= use the entire box of noodles and lots of leftovers.

Below are all the components I made before I started to assemble the dish.
Homemade spaghetti sauce.
Cottage Cheese/egg/parsley/cheese mixture.--I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, cheaper and easier to work with I think.
noodles ready to be drained.

I won't tell you my entire recipe (because I may not be able to think of it all again). Cooking is a bit creative for me. I basically have certain ways I usually make the spaghetti sauce, cheese mixture, etc. If I forget some of the proportions or the exact cook time, I just remind myself with looking at the back of the lasagna noodle box.



Turns out perfect every time.



Cover with tin foil. Put in refrigerator, and follow cooking directions when you are ready. Josh is going to stick this particular lasagna in the oven later and then we will begin to devour. MMMMMMmmmmmm GOOD!

Below is some leftover sauce. I like leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment