Thursday, May 20, 2010

my moonstone


a moonstone is a gem characterized by its enchanting play of light. moonstones are said to symbolize our being in its entirety; if you look into it deep enough, its soft shimmer is said to strengthen our emotional and subconscious selves.

some say that this rock evokes our tender feelings, and that wearing it strengthens our intuition and capacity to understand.

I bought this pendant yesterday at "The Wishing Stone" in downtown Edmonds. For 4 years I have frequented this shop before or after my trips to therapy. Each time, these beautiful gems were a welcome distraction right before I walked up the stairs to my therapist's office.

I have never bought anything at this quaint little shop before except for my mother as gift when Josh and I got married.


My relationship with my therapist is ending next week. I have been with him, nearly every week for 4 years. We started a few weeks after my move out to Seattle until now. Somehow I had that courage to walk up to his office, he walked with me through so much...

To mark our relationship and help me grieve I splurged. This gem will forever be a memory of the journey I have traveled these four years, a reminder of my own strength, my own courage, and an invitation to continue in my attempts to understand.

God has blessed me immensely with these 4 years, though I am sad they need to end, I am grateful, so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment